The OT Collective is a group of occupational therapists who provide holistic occupational therapy services founded in the principles of neurology, preventative care, and education.
We change how your child processes information using a bottom-up approach that clears the brain’s neural pathways so that your child can generalize skills independently.
What We Do
At The OT Collective, we focus on the subcortical structures of the brain where 80% of information is processed. Our treatment establishes efficient neural pathways that travel from the lower brainstem and upper brainstem through the cerebellum and the midbrain structures. Processing information well in this area allows a child to self-regulate, maintain an upright posture, track objects visually, integrate primitive reflexes, breathe effectively, multi-task, process verbal directions, initiate and terminate coordinated movements, and participate in age-appropriate activities.
Our fast and targeted therapy approach provides parents with real and easy tools to implement at home. Almost all parents see significant changes in their child 1-2 weeks after the initial evaluation using our combination of weekly therapy sessions and a “daily dose” home program.
We serve children ages 0-18 years:
- Neurobiological disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Developmental delays
- “Invisible” difficulties
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Syndrome diagnoses
We serve caregivers who experience:
- Difficulty with multi-tasking and planning
- Poor balance and coordination
- Sleep interruptions and additional sleep issues
We serve families by:
- Adapting the home environment
- Teaching developmental activities
- Establishing a screen time routine
- Collaborating with other professionals to overlap ideas and services
- Developing a daily family routine, including a healthy sleep routine
- Referring to partnered specialists to address family relationships and dynamics